Securing a safe environment is always top priority. If you have an immediate safety concern:
- Verbally request that the student stop the behavior immediately.
- Request that the student leave the area.
- If a student does not comply, immediately dismiss class or walk away.
- Consult with the Dean of Students’ Office about how to proceed with judicial action or to learn what other options may be available to resolve the situation.
- Call University Police at 325-2121 or 911 in case of an emergency
Additional information can be found in the Helping Students in Distress document below. If you have difficulty accessing and reading the document, please contact us.