Responsibility and standards of conduct for Mississippi State students.
Our mission is to promote responsibility and standards of conduct for Mississippi State students through a fair and objective process.
Our educational approach to addressing behavior is in a manner consistent with our core values of fairness, honesty, and integrity while promoting the university's educational mission. By fostering concepts of fairness, civility, and encouraging personal responsibility, our office strives to ensure a safe and healthy campus community. As a service focusing on student rights and standards, the Office of Student Conduct has the following core functions:
- Administer the code of student conduct while ensuring the principles of due process.
- Serve as a consultant to and resource for students, faculty, staff, and parents concerning student conduct expectations and rights, University policies and procedures related to student life.
- Adjudicate alleged cases of student misconduct in a timely manner.
- Advise students on their rights both as students and as citizens of the Mississippi State University community.
- Increase outreach services regarding Code of Student Conduct violations.
Student Conduct Board
We offer opportunities for current students to serve as advocates for their campus and peers.
The Student Conduct Board is a group of students who are charged with the responsibility to hear information regarding alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct and make appropriate outcome decisions regarding these alleged violations.
The students who serve on this board go through a training process that focuses on knowledge of the Code of Student Conduct, the process of the Student Conduct hearing, and how to ensure that all students are allowed due process. These students are nominated by staff members across campus and serve on the board for at least 1 academic year.
The federal law requires colleges and universities receiving federal funding to prepare, publish, and distribute, by October 1 of each year, campus security/safety policies and crime statistics in the form of an Annual Security Report (ASR).